This article provides steps on how to convert a video to other standard video formats using Catalyst Media Center.
The video conversion process involves two sets of steps, creating a custom profile with a pre-defined compression method and selecting a video file source.
Creating a Custom Profile for a Pre-Defined Compression Method
1. To open Catalyst Media Center, locate and double-click the icon on the Desktop. Then click on "Videos".
2. Click on "Settings".
3. Click on "Custom Profile".
4. Name the "Custom Profile" and press enter.
5. Click on "Compression Standard" to select the preferred output video format and once done click on “Apply”.
Select the compression method which suits the task.
- MPEG-1 (Generic)
- MPEG-2 Video CD
- MPEG-2 (Generic)
- MPEG-2 SVCD
- MPEG-2 DVD
- MPEG-4 Generic (MP4)
"MPEG-2 DVD" is used in this example.
6. Click on the “Home” icon.
Selecting a Video File Source to be Converted
1. Click on “Videos”.
2. Locate the video to be converted by:
- Selecting a video life in the current "Videos" section
- Clicking "More Videos" to go to the local disk drives
Once the video file has been selected, right-click on it, hover to “Convert” and then click on the "Custom Profile" previously created.
3. The video conversion process begins.
Once the video conversion is complete, the video file has successfully been converted to another format.
This article applies to the following configuration(s):
- Theater™ 650 PRO
- TV Wonder™ 650
- Theater 550 PRO
- TV Wonder 550
- TV Wonder 200
- Windows Vista®
- Windows XP® Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition