This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver Version 15.301.1801
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
- Performance/Quality improvements and an AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Rise of the Tomb Raider™
- An AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Fallout 4
-  Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with VSync enabled
-  Display corruption may occur on systems with multiple display systems when they have been left idle for some time
-  Mordheim: City of the Damned – some loading screens may be very dark
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront – The sky rendering may be corrupted in some situations
-  Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ Power setting changes on the secondary GPU are not immediately displayed. This is seen only on dual GPU graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and Radeon™ R9 295x2
-  Radeon Settings - AMD OverDrive™ clock gauge needles for the secondary GPU may be in wrong position when the system is idle and the secondary GPU is inactive
-  Some games may experience brightness flickering with AMD FreeSync™ enabled
-  AMD Radeon Additional Settings window will close if the help button is pressed on Japanese/Korean language setups
-  Corruption seen in video playback for M2TS format files via Windows® 10 Movie & TV application
-  Flickering textures experienced in Dota 2 when accessing the "Heroes" menu
-  Battlefield Hardline – A crash may occur when changing graphics settings from "Ultra" to "High" during gameplay
-  The screen may turn dark and colors may be corrupted after installing the driver on some AMD Crossfire™ setups
-  Custom game profiles are reset to defaults after system is restarted
-  HDMI audio lost when monitor enters sleep mode and are woken up
-  Black line corruption seen all along the edges of characters and menus in Game of Thrones™
-  Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. The AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix driver has been updated. Please download this driver once again and reinstall it to address this issue.
-  Far Cry 4 – Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable either feature
-  Flickering may be observed while task switching with AMD Freesync™ enabled
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics
-  A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront – Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
-  Game stuttering may be experienced when running two AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 graphics cards in AMD CrossFire™ mode
-  Assassin's Creed Syndicate – Corruption may be experienced if game is launched with AMD Freesync™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Freesync™
-  Fallout 4 – Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
-  Clock speeds may be seen to fluctuate during gaming on some AMD R9 Fury series products leading to poor performance and/or screen corruption
-  Just Cause 3 – Frame rates may be forced below 60 fps when VSync is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable VSync for this game.
-  The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
-  Fallout 4 –Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
-  Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
- / Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7. A temporary workaround is to restart the game or disable AMD Crossfire™
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront - Flickering seen on the textured bar on battle/tutorial loading screen
Multi-monitor - Display corruption may be observed if the system is left idle. A temporary workaround is to restart the system. Users can also choose to revert to the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix driver available here here
Oculus/HTC Vive VR Multi-monitor - Display corruption or blank display may observed when starting a VR application. A temporary workaround is to restart the system and only use one monitor.
Users can also choose to revert to the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix driver available here here
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.