Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights
- Quantum Break™
- Upto 35% faster performance using Quantum Break™ on Radeon™ R9 Fury X than with Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2(1).
- Oculus Rift™
- HTC Vive™
Please disconnect the HTC Vive™ headset from the computer before
installing the AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 16.4.1 driver. Once the driver
installation is complete you may reconnect the HTC Vive™ headset.
- Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®12 applications is resolved.
- Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX® 11 mode using high game shadow settings.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
- Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
- The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
- Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ mode through Radeon™ Settings.
- A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™ Settings manually to a desired amount.
- HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon™ Settings on some system configurations.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver Version 16.15.2211.1001.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|| |
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
The following "Carrizo" series products are not supported with the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 driver - FX-8800P, PRO A12-8800B, PRO A10-8700B, PRO A8-8600B, PRO A6-8500B, A10-8700P, A8-8600P and A6-8500P.
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 4, 2016 on the AMD Radeon™ Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB memory AMD driver 16.4.1 and AMD driver 16.3.2 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Quantum Break™. PC Manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840x2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 scored 16.693 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 scored 22.663 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, which is 35.76% faster performance. RS-11