Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Highlights
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Radeon Settings may sometimes suggest upgrading to an older driver revision when using the new driver notification feature.
- Frame Rate Target Control may not keep the users previous settings when disabled.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the" Gaming, Global Options" tab in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
- Radeon Settings launch with Eyefinity profiles may sometimes not take effect after system has been rebooted for profiled games.
- Some characters or game areas are rendered very dark in Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Restore factory defaults may occasionally not work for the "Display" tab in Radeon Settings.
- The power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings may be available to some unsupported system configurations.
- The text in Radeon Settings drop down menus may sometimes get cut off when in windowed mode with some Windows DPI scaling settings.
- League of Legends users may experience minor graphical corruption when using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Star Wars™: Battlefront users may see corrupted ground textures in the Survival of Hoth mission.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Users in Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations may be unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when using the global AMD Crossfire option in the "Gaming" tab and toggling it from on to off.
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Call of Duty™: Advanced Warfare may exhibit stuttering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology and AMD Crossfire technology in conjunction.
- Installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 multiple times on the same machine after rebooting may cause the installer to hang.
- The AMD Crossfire mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Radeon Settings Additional Settings page may not be available when upgrading to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 from the current windows update driver. As a work around please clean uninstall all current Radeon Software when upgrading if your system exhibits this issue.
- Some textures may exhibit flickering in Fallout™ 4 when using AMD Crossfire technology.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver Version 16.20.1010.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|| |
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.