Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Highlights
- Support for:
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst™
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Display flickering or corruption may be experienced when playing videos in a web browser.
- DiRT Rally™ may experience poor performance on some tracks with rainy/night scenes.
- The HDMI® display scaling options in Radeon Settings may be missing when the display is set to an interlaced resolution.
- The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Fallout™ 4 may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode for some game textures.
- Flickering on Oculus Rift™ headsets may be experienced when multiple displays are connected with differing resolutions.
- Radeon Settings additional settings page may fail to open after performing a Windows Update and then installing the latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Doom™ some game levels may experience shimmering textures.
- The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Radeon Settings gaming profile options for Uplay applications may not take effect.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- On some AMD XConnect™ technology external GPU enclosures, a TDR may be observed when the dGPU is set to primary display and the laptop display is set to extended display with video playback.
- Crashes when using GL_ARB_bindless_texture with
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver Version 16.20.1025.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1
Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|| |
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.