AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 13.9
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 13.9.This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 13.9 contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 13.152
- HydraVision™ for Windows® 7
- Southbridge/IXP Driver
- AMD Catalyst™ Control Center (version 13.152)
- When installing the AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- These release notes provide information on the AMD Catalyst Display Driver only. For information on the AMD Multimedia Center™, HydraVision, HydraVision Basic Edition, Remote Wonder™, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at:
- The AMD Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics “horsepower” required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
- Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 13.9 is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6500 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6410D Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6370D Series
AMD Radeon HD 7660D Series
AMD Radeon HD 6310D Series
AMD Radeon HD 7560D Series
AMD Radeon HD 6300 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7300 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6200 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series
ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6550D Series
ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6530D Series
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised.
The Installation Verification Software is designed to prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to help protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised. In such a situation, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
AMD Mobility Product Families
AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5100 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6900M Series
AMD Radeon HD 6620G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6800M Series
AMD Radeon HD 6520G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300M Series
AMD Radeon HD 6480G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6380G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6200 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6310G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6250G Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5700 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5600 Series
AMD PowerXpress™ enabled notebooks
using AMD chipsets
The following notebooks are
not compatible with this release:
- Any notebook launched after this driver release
- Toshiba notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Panasonic notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 13.9 is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF AMD CATALYST™ 13.9
The AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL is AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1. It does not include support for Frame Pacing or the very latest AMD CrossFire™ optimizations. AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta includes additional performance improvements and fixes not found in AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL.
- AMD's first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1
- Includes WDDM 1.3 support for:
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Kabini” & “Temash”) for Desktop, Notebook or Tablet PCs, including: A4-1200, A4-1250, A4-5000, A4-5100, A4-5150, A6-1450, A6-5200, A6-5250, A6-5350, E1-2100, E1-2200. E1-2500, E1-2600, E1-2650, E2-3000, E2-3100
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Richland”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-5700, A10-5745M, A10-5750M, A10-5757M, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-5500, A8-5500B, A8-5545M, A8-5550M, A8-5557M, A8-5600K, A6-5345M, A6-5350M, A6-5357M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-5145M, A4-5150, A4-5300, A4-5300B
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Trinity”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-4600M, A10-4655M, A10-4677M, A10-5700, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-4500M, A8-4555M, A8-4557M, A6-4400M, A6-4455M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-4300M, A4-4355M, A4-5300, A4-5300B
- AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Support for AMD Features:
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics/AMD CrossFire Technology
- AMD Overdrive™
- AMD Catalyst Control Center/Vision Engine Control Center
- OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles
- Users can now create, per application, 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
- AMD Enduro™ Technology enhancements:
- The AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows which applications are active on the Performance GPU and the Power saving GPU.
- Severe flicker in Far Cry® 3 game cinematic that may continue into gameplay.
- BSOD crash when enabling CrossFire in the AMD Catalyst Control Center after installing a third AMD Radeon HD7790 graphics card.
- BSOD crash in Windows 8 when display turns off (idle/sleep mode).
- AMD Catalyst Control Center crash after creating an Eyefinity Group.
- Disappearing mouse cursor in Windows 8 after completing the AMD Catalyst Driver installation and rebooting the system.
- Cyberlink PowerDVD stop working with a pop-up error message during playback of a Blu-Ray movie under Power Saving mode.
- When Dual Graphics is disabled within AMD Catalyst Control Center, the secondary display connected may not enable.
- Frame drops experienced during playback of interlaced Blu-Ray content when all visual quality settings are enabled in AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Significant game performance slowdowns when moving the mouse cursor in World of Warcraft using DirectX 9 rendering mode.
- Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings saved within created AMD Catalyst Control Center application profiles do not apply correctly.
- Windows 8 Metro applications experience very low FPS when Dual Graphics is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Installing The AMD Catalyst Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall the previous AMD Catalyst Software Suite installed on your system, please refer to knowledgebase article,
For detailed instructions on how to correctly install the AMD Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite, please refer to knowledgebase article,
.For additional information and general help on the software driver installation, game issues, and more visit,
AMD Customer Care.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the
AMD Issue Reporting Form.