AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver for Windows® - Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4!
This release enables peak driver performance optimization for AMD Radeon™ graphics users in Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4. Please make sure to uninstall all previous versions of AMD Catalyst™ drivers before installing the AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta.
The AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided "AS IS", and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided with it.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.301.1013
Installing The AMD Catalyst Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, please refer to the following support resources:
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |||
|AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series||AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 280 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 270 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 250 Series||ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240 Series|| |
AMD All-In-One Desktop Product Family Compatibility |||
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series|
AMD Embedded Product Family Compatibility |||
|AMD Radeon™ E8860||AMD Radeon™ E6460|
|AMD Radeon™ E6760|| |
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |||
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R6 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics|| |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series|| |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series|| |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series|| |
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |||
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series||ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series|| |
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver
- Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations
- Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile
- Far Cry 4 performance optimizations
- Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- All previous versions of AMD Catalyst™ drivers must be completely uninstalled to receive full benefits of this driver. Please make sure to completely uninstall all previous AMD Catalyst™ display drivers before installing the 14.11.2 Beta.
- The AMD CrossFire™ profile for Far Cry 4 is currently disabled in this driver while AMD works with Ubisoft to investigate an issue where AMD CrossFire™ configurations are not performing as intended. An update is expected on this issue in the near future through an updated game patch or an AMD driver posting.
- : Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire™ mode.
- : World of Warcraft can sometimes exhibit corruption when using CMAA in AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
- : Minecraft sometimes produces corruption when changing video settings in windowed mode.
- : XDMA Quad CrossFire™ configurations in portrait Eyefinity modes sometimes display tearing or stuttering.
- : System can sometimes hang when upgrading to Catalyst™ 14.11.2 from Catalyst™14.7 in AMD CrossFire™ configurations. As a workaround please completely uninstall previous Catalyst™ software versions before installing Catalyst™14.11.2 beta.
- : Slight performance drops in FIFA 2015 on AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
- : Occasional flickering sometimes observed while playing FIFA 2015 in AMD Dual Graphics configurations.
- : Slight Battlefield 4 performance drop on AMD Radeon™ R9 290X in AMD CrossFire™ configuration.
- : AMD Radeon™ R9 285 intermittently hangs in Hitman Absolution on new game start.
- : AMD Radeon™ R9 285 can sometimes exhibit flickering in Assassins Creed Unity.
- : Assassins Creed Unity can sometimes experience frame stutter on some AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
- : Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare intermittent black screen when loading game in Quad AMD Crossfire™ configurations.
- : Civilization: Beyond Earth mantle users in AMD CrossFire™ configurations may sometimes experience an issue where they cannot change their game resolution. As a work around please use "Enable MGPU=1" in the games configuration .ini file.
AMD is currently working with BioWare to resolve the following issues:
- Flickering is sometimes observed in Dragon Age: Inquisition on a limited number of surfaces in AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
AMD is currently working with Ubisoft to resolve the following issues:
- Uneven hair corruption sometimes observed in Assassins Creed Unity when applying "ultra" game settings.
- Flickering occasionally observed between windows on walls in Assassins Creed Unity.
- Windows/Doors intermittently flash with black textures in Assassins Creed Unity.
- Assassins Creed Unity occasionally exits to desktop when "ultra" game settings are applied.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.