AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 14.4
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.4.
This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.10.1006
- Southbridge/IXP Driver
- AMD Catalyst™ Control Center (version 14.10.1006)
Installing The AMD Catalyst Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, please refer to the following support resources:
- When installing the AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- These release notes provide information on the AMD Catalyst Display Driver only. For information on the AMD Multimedia Center™, HydraVision, HydraVision Basic Edition, Remote Wonder™, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at: http://support.amd.com/.
- The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
- Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6550D Series|
|AMD Radeon R9 280 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6530D Series|
|AMD Radeon R9 270 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6500 Series|
|AMD Radeon R7 260 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6410D Series|
|AMD Radeon R7 250 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6370D Series|
|AMD Radeon R7 240 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6310D Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series ||AMD Radeon HD 6300 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series ||AMD Radeon HD 6200 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series||ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 7660D Series||ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 7560D Series||ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 7300 Series||ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series||ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series||ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series|
|AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series|||
|AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series|||
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised.
The Installation Verification Software is designed to prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to help protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised. In such a situation, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
|AMD Mobility Product Families |
|AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 8000M Series||AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series||AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5100 Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6900M Series||AMD Radeon HD 6620G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6800M Series||AMD Radeon HD 6520G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300M Series||AMD Radeon HD 6480G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6380G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6200 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6310G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series||AMD Radeon HD 6250G Series|
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5700 Series|||
|AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5600 Series|||
|AMD PowerXpress™ enabled notebooks using AMD chipsets |
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
- Any notebook launched after this driver release
- Toshiba notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Panasonic notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 Windows Driver
- Support for the AMD Radeon R9 295X
- CrossFire fixes enhancements:
- Crysis 3 – frame pacing improvements
- Far Cry 3 – 3 and 4 GPU performance improvements at high quality settings, high resolution settings
- Anno 2070 – Improved CrossFire scaling up to 34%
- Titanfall – Resolved in game flickering with CrossFire enabled
- Metro Last Light – Improved Crossfire scaling up to 10%
- Eyefinity 3x1 (with three 4K panels) no longer cuts off portions of the application
- Stuttering has been improved in certain applications when selecting mid-Eyefinity resolutions with V-sync Enabled
- Full support for OpenGL 4.4
- OpenGL 4.4 supports the following extensions:
- Mantle beta driver improvements:
- BattleField 4: Performance slowdown is no longer seen when performing a task switch/Alt-tab
- BattleField 4: Fuzzy images when playing in rotated SLS resolution with an A10 Kaveri system
- System will TDR or BSOD when encoding with Power Director 11
- Driver installation might result in a black screen when installing on a Dual AMD Radeon R9 295X configuration under Windows 8.1. The issue can be overcome by rebooting the PC; upon reboot the display driver will be installed. The remaining Catalyst components can then be installed.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form .