AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 11.11
This article provides information on the latest posting of AMD’s software suite, AMD Catalyst™ 11.11. This particular software suite updates the AMD display driver and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center. This unified driver has been updated to provide enhanced level of power, performance, and reliability.
AMD Vision Engine Control Center
The AMD Catalyst™ software suite 11.11 contains the following:
· The AMD display driver and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center can be downloaded independently of each other. However, for better stability and performance AMD recommends that both components be updated from the same AMD Catalyst™ release.
· The AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center requires that the Microsoft® .NET Framework SP1 be installed for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Without .NET SP1 installed, the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center will not launch properly and the user will see an error message.
· When installing the AMD Catalyst™ driver for Windows operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst™ driver.
· The Catalyst driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
· These release notes provide information on the AMD display driver only. For information on the ATI Multimedia Center™, HydraVision™, HydraVision™ Basic Edition, Remote Wonder™, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at: http://support.amd.com/.
· AMD Eyefinity™ technology gives gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics horsepower required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
· Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst™ software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6700 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 X2 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6550D Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6410D Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6370D Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6310D Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6300 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6200 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5900 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series
AMD FireStream Product Families
AMD FireStream™ 9350
AMD FireStream™ 9250
AMD FireStream™ 9270
AMD FireStream™ 9170
AMD Chipset Product Families
ATI Radeon™ HD 4290
ATI Radeon™ 3200 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4250
ATI Radeon™ 3100 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 Series
ATI Radeon™ 3000 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3300 Series
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
Catalyst™ Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.
The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur while using Catalyst™ Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
AMD Mobility Product Families
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6900M Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4200 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6800M Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4100 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6300M Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6300 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6200 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5800 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3200 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3100 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2700 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5100 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4800 Series
ATI PowerXpress™ enabled notebooks
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600 Series
using AMD chipsets
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6620G Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6520G Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6480G Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6380G Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6310G Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 6250G Series
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
· Any notebook launched after this driver release
· Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks.
· Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
· Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
· Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
· Windows 7 32-bit version
· Windows 7 64-bit version
· Windows Vista 32-bit version
· Windows Vista 64-bit version
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Home Edition
· Windows XP Media Center Edition
· Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.11 Windows release includes:
Adobe Flash Player 11 support
· Enables full support of the GPU accelerated Stage 3D API and Stage 3D applications
· Supported on the AMD Radeon HD Series of GPUs, A-Series APU and E-Series APU
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.11 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
· Images and textures are no longer corrupted (Blue) in Rage.
· Bezel compensation now works correctly with Far Cry 2.
· Screen tearing is no longer randomly observed while moving a window on the desktop while in Clone mode or Eyefinity mode.
· A black screen is no longer observed when extending displays.
· Homefront no longer crashes randomly when Crossfire is enabled.
· DC – Universe Online no longer hangs soon after selecting a character and entering the game.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
· Screen tearing may be observed occasionally while playing Portal 2 in DirectX 9 mode.
· Shogun 2 may exhibit screen corruption while playing on low resolution settings in 2x1 Eyefinity mode.
· Choppy playback may be observed playing interlaced DVD content in full screen mode using PowerDVD 11.
· A BSOD error may occur while playing Call of Duty – Black Ops in Multiplayer mode with Crossfire enabled.
· Video corruption may be observed while playing World of Warcraft in windowed mode and AVI file simultaneously.
· Dragon Age 2 may exhibit corruption during in game cinematics when run in DirectX 9 mode.
· Lost Planet 2 my display random corruption and flickering when run in DirectX 9 mode.
· Lost Planet 2 may crash randomly when Crossfire is enabled.
· The following games may experience random flashing textures during gameplay :
o Metro 2033
o Far Cry 2
o Stalker : Call of Pripyat
Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
· Windows Aero options may be missing after installing the driver.
· A ‘ghost’ cursor may be observed when playing Dragon Age 2 in Crossfire mode.
· The character avatar in Dragon Age 2 may display random flickering.
· HAWX 2 may experience random system reboots when run in Eyefinity mode.
· Civilization V may experience random crashing when run at medium or high in game settings.
· Bulletstorm may experience random flashing during gameplay.
· Dead Space 2 may hang occasionally soon after game launch.
Installing the AMD Catalyst™ Software Driver
For further information and general help on software driver installation, game issues, and more, visit AMD Customer Care.
Installation information can be found at: How to Install Your AMD Product.
AMD Catalyst™ Crew Driver FeedbackThis driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback program. To provide us with your feedback, visit Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback.