This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Linux®.
AMDGPU-PRO Driver 16.50 Highlights
- Provides support for
- AMD Radeon™ R7 M465X
- AMD Radeon™ R7 M370
- AMD Radeon™ R7 M350
- Install scripts for RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.3, CentOS 7.3, CentOS 6.8, and SLED/SLES 12 SP2
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- RHEL 7.3 does not detect modeset on hotplug of new monitor.
- Hard-hang is sometimes observed during display hot-plug.
- Ensight 10 benchmark test intermittently fails to complete.
The AMDGPU-Pro Drivercan be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing the AMDGPU-ProDriver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install please refer to the following KB article:
To use AMD Vulkan™ driver in this driver stack, the LunarG Vulkan loader needs to be installed, please refer to the following support KB article for instructions:
How to Install LunarG Vulkan SDK for Ubuntu
AMD Radeon Product Compatibility
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Product Family Compatibility |
|Radeon™ RX 480 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 470 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 290X Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 460 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 285 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 M485X|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 390X Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M370|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M350|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380X Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 260X Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M395X Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M385 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W-Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M380 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ S-Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M270X Graphics|| |
Compatible Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux® 7.3 (64-bit version)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux® 6.8 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version) will be supported after distro official release
- CentOS 6.8 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Vulkan™ support for DOTA2
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- Install script and Debian packages for Ubuntu 16.04, RHEL 7.2 and 6.8
© 2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties.