This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Linux®.
AMDGPU-PRO Driver 17.30 Highlights
- Provides support for the Radeon RX Vega series of graphics cards
- Provides support for RHEL 6.9 and CentOS 6.9
- Provides support for Ubuntu 16.04.3 (kernel 4.10/X.Org 1.19)
- Display goes into sleep mode while installing the Driver on RHEL7.3
- Application crashes while swapping rendering engine settings from "OpenGL" to "OpenGL Core profile" on Maya 2016
- Fatal error observed while Exit/Close of Houdini v16
- Unable to get to Desktop after driver install the driver on RHEL7.3
- Performance score fluctuation while running Unigine Heaven with a 4K display, under 8x mode.
- Failure observed while running Specviewperf10 ensight test under Ubuntu
- Occasional hang observed while playing Hitman and Rust
- System hangs are observed sometimes during wake on performing S3 on Vega-based cards
- Corruption observed in F1 2015 on Vega-based cards
- A display hang may be observed when launching CounterStrike: Global Offensive in low settings on Vega-based cards.
- Booth Demo Sample is not as expected in Radeon ProRender
- Application crashes may occur while setting the Dragon Sample in Radeon ProRender
- Blender rendering has issues with this driver
- Indigo-Bench hangs system on 2nd scene render
- Sometimes failures are observed with the latest version of FireRender
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver
- ROCm Platform 1.5 in supported distributions (Ubuntu 16.04.3, RHEL 7.3 and CentOS 7.3)
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing the AMDGPU-Pro Driver
For detailed instructions on how to Install or Uninstall the AMDGPU-Pro Driver, please refer to the following KB articles, according to the operating system of choice:
To use Vulkan driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK Version 220.127.116.11 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from : https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
AMD Radeon™ Product Compatibility
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Product Family Compatibility|
Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series|
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||AMD FirePro™ W9100|
|Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580 Series Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W8100|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W7100|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD FirePro™ W5100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4300|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W2100|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350||AMD FirePro™ W600|
|AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600||AMD FirePro™ S-Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R5 340 |||
Compatible Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.3 (64-bit version)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- FreeSync support (Please refer to this
FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems.
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.