This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Linux®.
AMDGPU-PRO Driver 16.60 Highlights
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- Hard-hangs are sometimes observed during display hot-plug.
- Launching Steam client sometimes causes system hang.
- Rendering error in glxgears in performance mode.
- System hangs when OpenCL attempts to allocate more than available system memory.
- System fails to boot to OS with DP1.2 enabled on RHEL 7.3.
- Intermittent screen corruption on system restart after manually switching to AMD performance mode. System operates normally afterwards.
The AMDGPU-Pro Drivercan be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing the AMDGPU-ProDriver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install please refer to the following KB article:
To use AMD Vulkan™ driver in this driver stack, the LunarG Vulkan loader needs to be installed, please refer to the following support KB article for instructions:
How to Install LunarG Vulkan SDK for Ubuntu
AMD Radeon™ Product Compatibility
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M270X/M380/M385/M395 Graphics |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M360/M365X/M370X/M375/M375X |
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M260/M265/M340/M350/M365/M370/M380/M465/M465X |
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350 |
|AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600 |
|AMD Radeon™ HD7700M/7800M/8500M/8530M/8600M/8700M/8790M/8800M |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M485X||AMD FirePro™ W5100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4300|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 340||AMD FirePro™ W4100|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series||AMD FirePro™ W2100|
|AMD FirePro™ W9100||AMD FirePro™ W600|
|AMD FirePro™ W8100||AMD FirePro™ S-Series|
|AMD FirePro™ W7100|| |
Compatible Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux® 7.3 (64-bit version)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux® 6.8 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.8 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- FreeSync support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, AMD FirePro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.