This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition on Linux®.
AMDGPU-PRO Driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.20 Highlights
- Provides support for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition
- Ubuntu 16.04.2 and RHEL 7.3/CentOS 7.3 installations incorporate the ROCm component that can be optionally installed for running Compute/OpenCL applications – any other version of ROCm is not currently supported.
- System hangs are observed sometimes during wake on performing S3
- Failure observed while running Specviewperf10 ensight test under Ubuntu
- Occasional hang observed while playing Hitman and Rust
- When using Freesync, system reboots automatically while running the Heaven/Valley benchmark
- Corruption observed in F1 2015
- Installation of AMDGPU-PRO drivers on Ubuntu 16.04.3 will likely result in issues, such as black screen hang or defaulting to a lower graphics mode without acceleration. This also applies to Ubuntu 16.04.2 users who have been upgraded to 16.04.3.
Existing users of Ubuntu 16.04.2 with AMDGPU-PRO may experience the same problems after updating their system. Please refer to this advisory for details.
- AMDGPU-Pro for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition Driver
- ROCm Platform 1.5 in supported distributions (Ubuntu 16.04.2, RedHat Enterprise Linux® 7.3 and CentOS 7.3)
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition
For detailed instructions on how to Install or Uninstall the AMDGPU-PRO driver for Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition, please refer to the following KB articles, according to the operating system of choice:
To use AMD driver in this driver stack for use with Vulkan™, the LunarG Vulkan loader needs to be installed, please refer to the following support KB article for instructions:
How to Install LunarG Vulkan SDK for Ubuntu
AMD Radeon™ Product Compatibility
This AMDGPU-Pro Driver is only compatible with Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition – no other products are supported.
Compatible Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.3 (64-bit version)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu 16.04.2 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- FreeSync support (Please refer to this
FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES, WITH RESPECT TO THE OPERATION OR USE OF AMD HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR OTHER PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN. NO LICENSE, INCLUDING IMPLIED OR ARISING BY ESTOPPEL, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD FirePro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.