This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver Version 15.301.1901
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7
Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7
Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3
Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Highlights
- Crossfire Profile available for
- A black screen/TDR error may be encountered when booting a system with Intel + AMD graphics and an HDMI monitor connected
- Choppy gameplay may be experienced when both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ are both enabled
- Display corruption may be observed after keeping system idle for some time
- Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
- Fallout 4 - Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
- Fallout 4 - Screen tearing in systems with both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled if game is left idle for a short period of time
- Fallout 4 - Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
- Far Cry 4 - Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled
- FRTC options are displayed on some unsupported laptop configurations with Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's
- Radeon Settings may sometimes fails to launch with a "Context Creation Error" message
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Corruption can be observed at some locations during gameplay
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Lara Croft's hair may flicker in some locations if the Esc key is pressed
- Rise of Tomb Raider™ - A TDR error may be observed with some AMD Radeon 300 Series products after launching the "Geothermal Valley" mission
- The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
- World of Warcraft runs extremely slowly in quad crossfire at high resolutions
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
- Star Wars™: Battlefront - Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
- Cannot enable AMD Crossfire with some dual GPU AMD Radeon HD 59xx and HD 79xx series products
- Fallout 4 - In game stutter may be experienced if the game is launched with AMD Crossfire enabled
- XCOM 2 - Flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
- Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.