Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Highlights
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings "Gaming" tab.
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
- Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
- Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
- DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
- FFXIV can experience black screen or application hang
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Rift® may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync.
- Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- Hitman™ may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling when "Super Sampling" is set to 1.5x.
- Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver Version 16.15.2111
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)