Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Highlights
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for
Performance and Quality improvements for
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™(2)
- Up to 16% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition(3)
- Up to 60% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Up to 44% on AMD Radeon™ R9 380 series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
Vulkan™ is the successor to OpenGL and a descendant of AMD's Mantle. Vulkan™ is a powerful "low-overhead" graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found at
Per-Game Display Scaling: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows per game Display Scaling to be set within the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab under "Profile Options".
Language Menu: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows the end user to select their preferred language from a drop down menu under the "Preferences -> Language" tab.
Two Display Eyefinity: Two Display Eyefinity is now an available option under the Eyefinity tab in Radeon™ Settings.
AMD Crossfire™ Status Indicator: A new feature in Radeon™ Settings that allows users to toggle an AMD Crossfire™ status indicator on their screen when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Updated Social Links: New Social links are now available for Radeon™ Settings home page and have also updated based on geographical region.
Power Efficiency Toggle: A new feature introduced in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab for select AMD Radeon™ 300 series and AMD Radeon™ Fury X available under "Global Options". This allows the user to disable some power efficiency optimizations.
AMD XConnect™ technology: This driver provides initial support for external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 300 Series GPUs are now supported over Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) connections. AMD XConnect™ technology additionally provides plug'n'play support and an integrated management interface. Base system must have BIOS support for external GPUs (e.g. Razer Blade Stealth).
- Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption (Fixed with new Power Efficiency feature toggled to off)
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition - Random freezes may be experienced during gameplay
- Ashes of the Singularity 2.0 Benchmark now supports DirectFlip
- XCOM 2 flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer
- League of Legends may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rift may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience graphical corruption in some cinematics
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Star Wars Battlefront users may experience flicker in AMD Crossfire™ mode on battle and tutorial loading screens
- Star Wars Battlefront users may experience ground texture issues in certain locations on Survival Hoth missions
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition - Stutter / Tearing may be experienced on some systems with Intel processors and AMD GPU's
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver Version 16.15
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
The following "Carrizo" series products are not supported with the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 driver - PRO A12-8800B, PRO A10-8700B, PRO A8-8600B, PRO A6-8500B, A8-7410, A6-7310 and A4-7210.
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||
AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||
AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||
AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|| |
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
(1)Product is based on the Vulkan 1.0 Specification and has been submitted to, and is expected to pass, the Khronos Conformance Process. Current conformance status can be found at
www.khronos.org/conformance. Vulkan™ and the Vulkan™ logo are trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
(2)Performance is relative from AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3. Measured on Windows 10 Pro Edition, Intel I7-5930, 16GB System Ram, 1080P Resolution, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X
(3)Performance is relative from AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3. Measured on Windows 10 Pro Edition, Intel I7-5960X CPU, 16GB System Ram, UHD Resolution, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X and AMD Radeon™ R9 380.