AMD Radeon Settings displays information about the current driver installed in the system. It also provides a quick and easy method to check if a new driver is available. This article provides step by step guidance on finding the current driver version and how to check if a new driver is available.
- Open AMD Radeon Settings. This can be done in any of the following ways:
- Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings
Click on the Radeon Settings icon in the System Tray
Select AMD Radeon Settings from the Programs menu
- Click on the Updates menu option.
NOTE! If a new driver is available the menu option will show New Update
- Radeon Settings will report the driver version currently installed.
- If a newer driver version is available, the following screen will be displayed indicating the driver version available to be installed. In this case, a New Optional driver is available for update.
NOTE! An optional driver is a driver which has not yet received Microsoft® Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certification. An optional driver is usually released to provide optimizations for games that launch between regularly scheduled WHQL driver releases.
- To proceed with installing the new driver version, click on the New Optional tile and select the appropriate upgrade option.
Select Express Upgrade to allow Radeon Settings to install the driver using default settings.
Select Custom Upgrade to manually choose the install options
Select Release Notes to read the Release Notes to determine what new features or fixes are included in the driver upgrade.
- For Express Upgrade or Custom Upgrade options, click on Proceed to begin the driver upgrade. Click on X Cancel to return to AMD Radeon Settings without upgrading the driver.
next screen will be displayed while the latest driver is downloaded and
installed. This may take some time depending on your network connection.
the driver has been successfully installed, please restart your system as