AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards are designed to accelerate 3D and server workstation applications. These release notes provide information on the AMD FirePro Unified Driver version 16.30 Beta. Please note that this driver is not intended for production environments and use is subject to AMD's Beta Software License Terms and Conditions.
AMD FirePro™ Driver Release 16.30 Highlights
- Support for AMD's pioneering virtual reality
LiquidVR™ technology, to enable delivery of stunning content, advanced comfort, and easy compatibility to this next-generation of VR experiences.
- Next-Generation API support including
DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™.
- Support for Windows® 10 Anniversary Update ('Redstone 1'), delivering Windows 10 Anniversary update support for our workstation products at the same time as for our consumer graphics products.
- Support for Device Guard, part of Microsoft Windows 10 security solutions for enterprises, that enables users to lock down applications that are trusted on the device, helping increase protection for users against viruses, malicious attacks, and platform tampering.
FirePro™ Professional Graphics Technologies
Discover key innovations packed into AMD FirePro Professional Graphics here:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD
FirePro™ products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD FirePro™ Unified Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of AMD FirePro™ Unified Driver 16.30 Beta.
FirePro™ Unified Driver 16.30 Beta requires Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (or subsequent Service Packs) must be installed.
FirePro™ Unified Driver-16.30 Beta is designed to be compatible with the following Workstation Graphics products.
FirePro™ Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD FirePro™ W-Series|
FirePro™ S4000X ||AMD
FirePro™ S10000|| |
|AMD Radeon™ Sky-Series|
Compatible mDP-to-HDMI Dongles for Use in VR
AMD FireProTM Unified Driver 16.30 Beta supports the following mDP-to-HDMI dongles for use with the AMD FireProTM W9100 in VR applications.
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD FirePro™ Unified Driver 16.30 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD FirePro™ product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
DirectX and Microsoft are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are trademarks of Khronos Group, Inc.
Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.