This article provides instructions on how to obtain the latest drivers for an AMD based graphics card using AMD’s Driver Autodetect Utility.
Note! The graphics drivers provided on AMD’s Graphics Drivers & Software support page are mainly developed for desktop graphics products. If the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility is unable to identify the graphics card or operating system installed in the system:
- A manual download may be required. Refer to Article GPU-56 for more information on how to manually find the latest drivers for the graphics card or
- A driver may not be available through AMD. Refer to Article GPU-125 for more information on graphics products that may not be supported by graphics drivers provided by AMD.
- Visit: AMD Driver Autodetect
- Click on the Download button
- A File Download – Security Warning window will open, select the Save option
- To ensure that the driver file can easily be found after the download completes, save the file to the Desktop
- Once the download has completed, an amddriverdownloader.exe icon will appear on the desktop. Double-click on the icon to open the utility
- At launch, the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility will analyze the system and display the graphics hardware, operating system and the best driver for the graphics product.
- Click on Download Now to begin downloading the recommended driver.
- When the files complete the download process, A Catalyst: Installation Folder window will open allowing the user to select the folder in which the installation files should be saved to. AMD recommends using the default location to reduce any issues that can occur during installation due to files that cannot be found or are missing.
- Before continuing with the installation process, refer to the following article for detailed installation instructions. The article describes other factors that need to be considered before installing the graphics drivers.