Below are the known issues AMD has found in the current Mantle-enabled Beta driver. We are providing this driver as is to highlight the potential of Mantle and are hard at work to further enhance the user experience.
- Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4™ and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them.
- Multi-GPU support under DirectX® and Mantle will be added to StarSwarm in a future application patch
- Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Battlefield 4™ application in the Mantle codepath
- AMD Eyefinity configurations utilizing portrait display orientations are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
- Graphics hardware in the AMD A10-7850K and A10-7700K may override the presence of a discrete GPU under the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
- Multi-GPU support under the Mantle codepath will be added to Thief™ in a future application patch
- Mantle performance for GPUs with 2GB framebuffers will receive additional optimization in a future application path for Thief™. These products may see limited gains in scenarios requiring large amount of video memory (such as high quality settings with SuperSampling Anti-Aliasing enabled).
AMD testing for the AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta has been concentrated on the following products: AMD Radeon™ R9 290X, R9 290, R9 280, R9 270, R7 260X, R7 260, HD 7000 Series, HD 8000 Series, A10-7850K and A10-7700K. Future AMD Catalyst™ releases will include full test coverage for all AMD products supported by Mantle.
If you encounter an issue not identified on this list, please visit
www.amd.com/betareport to submit a bug report. We appreciate your help in shaping the future of Mantle!