Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 Highlights
- Support for:
- Radeon RX 470 Graphics
- Radeon RX 460 Graphics
- New AMD CrossFire profile available for:
- Max memory overclock available on Radeon RX 480 being too low in Radeon WattMan has been resolved.
- Overwatch™ may experience an application crash on some Radeon™ RX 480 configurations when using AMD CrossFire technology mode.
- The Division poor CrossFire scaling may be experienced in some low resolution configurations when using AMD CrossFire technology mode.
- DOTA2™ may experience lower than expected performance when in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon Settings may not report the correct Vulkan™ driver or API version information.
- Firefox™ may experience an application crash when hardware acceleration is enabled for content playback.
- Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
- Updating drivers through Radeon Settings may sometimes fail with an error message.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience an error message when trying to launch the game in some configurations.
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
- Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to "off" in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.
- Flickering may be experienced if Freesync is enabled on a 144hz monitor.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 Driver Version 16.30.2511.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note that AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, and Radeon™ RX 400 Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit.
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.