This article provides instructions on how to install AMD Radeon™ Software on a Windows® based system. The content of this article is organized into the following sections:
- Downloading the AMD Radeon™ Software
- System Requirements
- Installing the AMD Radeon™ Software
Downloading the AMD Radeon™ Software
There are two options to locate and download the latest version of the AMD Radeon™ Software:
- Use the AMD Driver AutoDetect Utility to detect your AMD Radeon™ graphics card and Windows® operating system. If your graphics card and operating system is compatible with AMD Radeon™ Software, the utility will provide the option to download it.
- Visit the Drivers + Download Center page and select the version of AMD Radeon™ Software for download. For instructions please refer to KB article: How to find the latest drivers for an AMD graphics card.
For information about the system requirements refer to the AMD Radeon™ Software release notes. Release notes are linked on the driver download page. System requirements may vary depending on the Windows® operating system installed.
Note: AMD Radeon™ Software is only supported on Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
Installing the AMD Radeon™ Software
- Ensure that any existing versions of AMD Radeon™ Software on the system have been uninstalled before proceeding with installing a new driver. For instructions on how to uninstall AMD Radeon Software please refer to KB article: How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon™ Software from a Windows® Based System.
- Close all opened applications including anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam software before attempting the install process.
- Double-click the downloaded file and select Install to begin file extraction process.
Note: It is recommended to use the default destination folder for installation.
- Select the desired components or keep default selection (recommended) and click Install.
- The drivers and software components will begin installing.
Note: The screen will flicker whilst the AMD Radeon™ Software is being installed. If you have multiple displays, some of them may turn black for a few seconds.
- Once the drivers and software have been successfully installed, choose Restart Now
Note: A system restart is required to complete the installation process.