Be first. Be the Pioneer
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition is purpose-built to empower a new generation of pioneering creative professionals. By harnessing the power of “Vega” GPU architecture along with Radeon™ Pro Software, developers can be pioneers in game development, designers can be pioneers in visualization using Radeon™ ProRender, and artists can be pioneers in VR content creation.
Be the Pioneer in Game Development
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card is designed to simplify and accelerate game creation by providing a single GPU that is optimized for every stage of this workflow, from asset production, to playtesting, to performance optimization.
Be the Pioneer in Visualization
Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Plug-ins and add-ins are freely available for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, Blender™, and SOLIDWORKS®.
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides the necessary compute performance required to maximize Radeon™ ProRender’s rendering capabilities, including rendering in near real-time to see changes as they are made, and allows creative professionals to produces rapid, accurate, and scalable rendering results from previz to final.
Be the Pioneer in Virtual Reality
Professional workflows are being revolutionized by advanced technologies such as real-time game engines and VR, boosting creativity, enhancing collaboration, and accelerating creative decisions. In addition, a new breed of in-VR content creation tools are making 3D content creation more accessible, simplifying the creation of the next-generation of immersive content.
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides an ideal VR experience, with its performance being able to optimize the benefits provided by Unreal Engine’s VR-optimized Forward Renderer, the integration of AMD LiquidVR™ technology, and support for Oculus’ Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) and SteamVR’s Asynchronous Reprojection technologies.
- This is the inaugural driver for RadeonTM Vega Frontier Edition. There are no preceding issues to be fixed.
- When running ReLive Pro, the cursor is not visible. The cursor is only visible when the user has switched to gaming mode
- When switching between Pro Mode and Gaming Mode, Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDRs) have been observed with multiple display configurations
- When numerous displays are used, there is an unlikely event where the driver does not complete installation
- During sleep and resume, after multiple instances, a blue screen hang has been observed
- Specific to Linux users, infrequent system hangs have been observed with 2015 Formula One
- During sleep and resume, a user may experience a TDR when instant replay is enabled
- Intermittent stuttering has been observed with Unigine Heaven in extreme cases
- System hangs have been observed in stressful situation in some applications when in CrossFire mode
- When using 8K displays, occasional situations with no display have been observed during sleep and resume
- Users may encounter Bluray playback issues on PowerDVD after switching to Game Mode
- Infrequent hangs have been observed during wake from sleep and resume states
- When resume from sleep, OpenGL applications have experienced TDRs
- In CrossFire configurations, blue screens have been observed during stressful ACPI testing\
- When rendering using Blender cycles, users may encounter infrequent iterations of poor performance
- With 10 bit displays, users may encounter anomalies in display results
- On Z170 chipsets, users may experience infrequent hangs from sleep states. Frequency may depend on system configuration.
- In extreme cases with stressful applications, the user may experience performance throttling in thermally stressful situations
- When running express install with multiple GPUs installed, the user may experience anomalies, including unexpected system reboots
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.6 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.6 with base driver version 17.20.1035.
This driver is compatible with the following graphics products:
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Drivers for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation.
Radeon Software drivers require Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Compatible Operating Systems
This 17.6 driver for the Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms.
- Windows® 10 (64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the
AMD Issue Reporting Form.