AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta for Windows®
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver.
This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver contains the following:
AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing The AMD Catalyst™ Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, please refer to the following instructional resources:
- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows®, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ driver packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
AMD All-In-One Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R6 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series Graphics|
AMD FX-8800P APUs with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series Graphics|
AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst™ Mobility driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics|
AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Windows Driver
- Star Wars™: Battlefront Beta - Performance and quality optimizations
- Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX® 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark
-  A video memory leak can occur when browser and other windows are resized
-  Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
-  The AMD Catalyst Control Center 'update' option fails to download the latest driver
-  Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
-  The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
-  World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
-  Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
-  Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
-  Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
 DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
-  GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU's
-  Star Wars: Battlefront Bata - Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
 Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
-  A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
-  Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
-  A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
-  Elite: Dangerous - poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
-  Final Fantasy XIV - Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
-  Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
 Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
 Mad Max - Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the
AMD Issue Reporting Form.