AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta for Windows®
This driver release is recommended for The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt and Project Cars.
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta.
This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.502.1014.1001.
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing The AMD Catalyst Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, please refer to the following support resources:
- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility|||
|AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series||AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 280 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 270 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 250 Series||ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240 Series|
|AMD All-In-One Desktop Product Family Compatibility|||
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
Windows 8.1 32-bit with Kaveri APU is currently not supported by AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta driver.
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|||
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R6 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series|
|A-Series AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility|||
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series||ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series|
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta Windows Driver
Crossfire Profile Update for:
- *The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
Performance Improvements for the following :
- The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : Up to 10% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
- Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
For further information on how to optimize your drivers for The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt and AMD CrossFire™ please read the following article.
- *The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : To enable the best performance and experience in
Crossfire, users must disable Anti-Aliasing from the games video-post processing
options. Some random flickering may occur when using Crossfire. If the issue is
affecting the game experience, as a work around we suggest disabling Crossfire
while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue
-  Project CARS: Corruption may be observed if Anti-Aliasing is set to DS2M when run in Crossfire mode. As a workaround we suggest using a different Anti-Aliasing method.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.