AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series products should fully work in Windows® 10 but will not support DirectX® 12 specific features. AMD is working closely with Microsoft® to have certified graphics drivers available for these products when Windows® 10 officially launches.
AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older products are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or later. Therefore, systems using AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older will default to running the Microsoft® Basic Display Driver. As a result, display functionality may be limited.
If your graphics adapter is based on an AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older, you may consider these options:
- Continue using the existing operating system.
- If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions.
- Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com
NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:
- Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
- Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
- Display with compatible connections