Do I need to configure the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center after installing the Windows® 8.1 driver for my Switchable Graphics enabled laptop?
The Switchable Graphics page in the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center offers a variety of settings to delegate graphics responsibilities to a specific GPU. The settings provided may differ between laptop manufacturers and their implementation of the technology.
- Choosing a switchable graphics method (Dynamic or Fixed)
Assigning applications to GPUs
- Select the graphics processor based on application needs (Dynamic)
- Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source (Fixed)
Specify which GPU is best suited for 3D and video applications found in the list. Manually selecting a GPU
Automatically switching GPUs based on power source
- Delegate all graphics processing tasks to a specific GPU
- Configure the laptop so that it automatically uses the power-saving GPU when the laptop is running off the battery and the high-performance GPU when the laptop is plugged in (AC Power).