This article provides information about Error 99 when installing AMD graphics drivers that have not been digitally signed.
The contents of this article are organized into the following sections:
The driver being installed does not contain a digital signature that allows Microsoft® to verify that the driver has been provided by AMD. Sometimes, AMD may release an unsigned hotfix driver to address an urgent issue. However, a fully signed driver will usually follow.
A work around for this issue is to temporary disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows® before running the AMD Installer. Before doing this, please confirm that it is acceptable to do so under your agreements with Microsoft regarding Windows.
To disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows® 10 and Windows® 8.1, please follow the steps below:
- Press the Win + I and click on Update & Security
- Click on the Recovery option
- Click on the "Restart now" button under Advance startup
- Once your Computer has rebooted, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Select Advanced options
- Select Startup Settings and click Restart
- From the list of startup options, press the F7 key to disable driver signature enforcement
To disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows® 7, please follow the steps below:
- Restart the computer and access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Press the "F8" key repeatedly as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows® logo.
- From the Advanced Options Menu, select the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" option and then press "ENTER".
If you are still unable to resolve Error 99 after completing the steps outlined above and need further assistance, please contact AMD Customer Care and attach the AMD Installer log file to your service request. The AMD Installer log file is located in C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Log\Installer.log
IMPORTANT! Follow the steps below when raising a service request for this issue:
- To raise an e-ticket, visit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form
- Enter "Error 99" (without quotes) in the Subject field
- Provide as much detail as possible about your issue in the Description field
- Attach the AMD Installer log file to the service request and click Submit
© 2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties.