This application note describes resolution details to the following ATI graphics driver installation errors:
- Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly
- Cannot Install Drivers - Try Loading the Standard VGA Drivers First
- ATIMMC.EXE has encountered a problem and must close
- TV Wonder - "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video
- DVD Decoder not detected, DVD Player will not be installed
"Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly"
If you are experiencing issues with the Catalyst Control Center starting up, or if you are receiving an error similar to "Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly ", please verify that you have installed the Microsoft .Net framework component prior to installing the Catalyst™ Control Center. If you have already installed the catalyst™ Control Center prior to installing the .Net framework, please go into the control panel, select add/remove programs, remove only the Catalyst™ Control Center (reboot the computer if prompted), install the .Net framework and then re-install the Catalyst™ Control Center without any Anti-virus or background applications running. A link to the Microsoft .Net framework component for Windows XP can be found here.
Cannot Install Drivers - "Try Loading the Standard VGA Drivers First"
In most cases, this issue can be resolved by first installing the relevant updated chipset drivers for your motherboard (please refer to the motherboard manual or contact the systems integrator) and then follow the manual installation process. The manual installation instruction of the Catalyst™ drivers is outlined in Knowledge Base Article.
"This display driver is not compatible" or "Severe! INF Error. Video Driver not found" error installing ATI Enhanced display drivers.
Remote Wonder Installation Errors
If you are experiencing errors when installing the Remote Wonder software or updated Remote Wonder software, there are guides available in our Knowledge Base.
- 737-22460: How to install, configure, and setup your Remote Wonder product
"ATIMMC.EXE has encountered a problem and must close"
This is most commonly caused when using versions of the Multimedia Center™ software later than 9.03 with Remote Wonder software before version 3.x. This error can be resolved by uninstalling the Remote Wonder software from add/remove programs, rebooting, and reinstalling with the newest versions of the Remote Wonder software from our website.
- 737-18838: ATI Multimedia Center 9.06 or higher - "ATIMMC.exe encountered a problem and needs to close" error message when launching application
TV Wonder - "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video"
This error can occur when there is a problem with the TV Wonder WDM drivers in the Windows Device Manager. Check in the Device Manager, under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, and please ensure that the ATI WDM drivers are loaded and are free of issues. Also check the ATI Multimedia Center Configuration from the All Programs menu and on the TV tab; make sure that the ATI device is listed as your default capture source. For more troubleshooting steps for this error message, please refer to the following Knowledge Base articles below.
- 737-460: "TV Player failed to initialize the video", General (Video Overlay)
- Troubleshooting "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video" Error Message
- 737-723: "TV player failed to initialize the video" error, Windows 2000
- 737-22071: TV Player Failed to Initialize at resolutions above 2048x1536 for Radeon X1000 series and ATI tuner products
- 737-23212: ATI Multimedia Center 9.15: Encoder fails to install with third party graphics card
- 737-612 HDTV WONDER - Error starting TV: "TV Player Failed to initialize the video"
- 737-447 HDTV WONDER - DTV Player Failed to Initialize the Video error message
- 737-10151: ATI TV and FM Player does not start under Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
"DVD Decoder not detected, DVD Player will not be installed"
For the ATI DVD player to be installed, the ATI DVD Decoder needs to be installed before installing the ATI Multimedia Center™ (MMC). If you are updating the ATI Multimedia Center software, you will need to install the updated DVD Decoder (optional component) first. This will require the original Catalyst installation CD from BUILT by ATI Radeon 9000/9200/9500/9600/9700/9800 series graphics adapters or MMC 8.1 installation CD to validate DVD decoder update. The ATI HDTV Wonder requires the original installation CD for HDTV Wonder to validate the DTV Decoder update. Please note that the ATI DVD Decoder update will not be available with third-party or ATI Partner products. When you are installing the MMC software for your TV Wonder product, the DVD Player will not be installed. This will not affect the performance of any of the other features of your TV Wonder product.
- Radeon™ series
- TV Wonder
- TV Wonder VE
- TV Wonder Pro
- HDTV Wonder
- TV Wonder USB
- TV Wonder USB 2.0
- Remote Wonder series
- ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite
- ATI Multimedia Center™
- Remote Wonder software
- Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition