- Your processor is a genuine AMD retail packaged Processor in a Box product (not an OEM product purchased as part of a computer system), with a “qualifying” serial number.
- Your processor has been used exclusively with the original heat sink/fan unit supplied.
- If your RMA is authorized, you will return the original heat sink/fan unit with the processor.
- Your processor is within the three (3) year Processor in a Box Limited Warranty period as of the date of your claim for warranty service.
- Your processor has not been subject to damage due to external causes, including (but not limited) to improper use, problems with electrical power, accident, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing.
- Your processor in all other respects complies with the three (3) year Processor in a Box Limited Warranty
B. AMD Visual Mechanical Inspection
You agree that if your RMA is authorized, your processor will be subject to AMD’s standard Visual Mechanical Inspection (“VMI”) upon receipt at the AMD Returns Center and must pass this inspection, to confirm that your warranty claim is valid, before your RMA can be approved. Failure to pass VMI will result in your processor being returned to you. Processors received without an authorized RMA will also be returned to you.
C. Packaging and Shipping
You agree that if your RMA is authorized you will package your processor in accordance with the directions provided to you as part of the authorization process, in order to minimize damage due to Electro Static Discharge or other damage during transit. Further, we suggest you use a shipping service that can provide you with a tracking number (e.g. UPS, Federal Express or similar). AMD is not responsible for packages that are damaged, lost or misdirected in transit.
D. Replacement Product
If the AMD processor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty fails during the warranty period for reasons covered by this Limited Warranty, AMD, at its sole option, will: (1) repair the AMD processor by means of hardware and/or software; (2) replace the AMD processor with another AMD processor of equal or greater performance, including the replacement of your defective part with an AMD recertified product if the part is not currently available*; OR, (3) if AMD is unable to repair or replace the AMD processor, refund the then-current value of the AMD processor.
E. Right to discontinue or change service
AMD reserves the right to discontinue or make changes to its Limited Warranty RMA service without prior notice.
PLEASE ACKNOWLEGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ABOVE AND AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY CHECKING THE BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
Additional Terms for Limited Warranty Advanced Replacement Service
AMD offers a Limited Warranty Advanced Replacement Service (“Expedited Service”) to selected AMD Registered Resellers on a privilege basis, subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
If you are a selected AMD Registered Reseller AMD will promptly furnish to you a replacement AMD Processor as described herein, comparable to the Subject Processor. AMD will waive any charge for the purchase price for the replacement AMD Processor furnished to you under the AMD Limited Warranty Advanced Replacement Service, provided all the following occur:
Upon receipt of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from an AMD Customer Care Center Representative, you will be required to send in your processor within thirty (30) days of the date of your acceptance of this Agreement. If requested by AMD, you will also be required to send in the heatsink/fan that was packaged with your processor. The packaging materials themselves will not be required to process your RMA.
AMD confirms that the Subject Processor, and your request for warranty service for that Subject Processor, is within the scope of the Limited Warranty therefore.
Any replacement AMD Processor furnished by AMD to you under the AMD Limited Warranty Advanced Replacement Service will be subject to all of the provisions of AMD’s Limited Warranty.
B. Claims Outside the Limited Warranty
In the event that AMD reasonably determines that the AMD Processor that you return is outside the scope of the Limited Warranty, AMD will notify you by e-mail, fax, or phone. AMD will return that AMD Processor to you unless otherwise agreed to by the parties, and you must return to AMD any replacement AMD processor that you have received as part of this service.
C. Title and Risk of Loss
Title, risk of loss, and right of possession shall pass from AMD to you at the time Federal Express makes a first attempt at delivering the replacement processor at your address.
AMD shall not be responsible or held liable in whole or in part:
- for any delays in shipping, handling or delivery once AMD has deposited the replacement processor with Federal Express for delivery to you.
- for any delays related to email, server, facsimile, or telephone issues, whether AMD is aware of any such issues.
- for any delays in delivery related to customs inspections, clearance, or any other reason related to customs.
- for any delays in or failure of delivery to rural locations.
- for any delays in failure of delivery due to incomplete or incorrect address or information.
- for non-delivery because recipient refuses to accept shipment, address cannot be located or place of business is closed, or no appropriate person was available to accept shipment.
- for the act, default or omission of any person or entity other than AMD, including those of any local, state or federal government agencies.
- for any individual who misrepresents themselves, or incorrectly signs on behalf of, the person whom ordered the service.
Refer to AMD Warranty Services for more information.
*The use of AMD recertified parts as replacements for parts not currently available, is currently in effect for RMA’s processed in the US, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany, Italy and UK