The packaging of every genuine AMD boxed processor has a security label
To confirm authenticity, make sure your AMD boxed processor has one security label located on the box’s top flap.
The security seal on the PIB include the following features:
- Multi-layer color shifting graphic image.
- A unique serial number that helps AMD and its customers to track PIB and WOF distribution and verify product authenticity for warranty service.
- A QR code that will allow the customer to validate their processor with AMD.
- QR Code – What happens on a QR Barcode scan?
- 1. Launch Scanner App
- 2. Scan Code
- 3. QR Code Web Response
- Popular QR Barcode Readers:
- Windows Marketplace
- Blackberry App World
Does your PIB still have a hologram in the lower front corner? Below are older revisions of the AMD hologram.
Last Generation Hologram
For PIB Channel partners, a validation tool has been made available at http://amdsnv.amd.com/querycn.php (Chinese). This tool can be used to validate your processors serial number with AMD
Counterfeit holograms will not have the same depth, nor will they display the unique dots shown when viewing the hologram from different angles. Genuine AMD holograms are not foil style holograms, so any foil holograms are suspect.