This article explains why a specific graphics card or operating system may not be available as a selection through AMD’s graphics driver download / install utilities and recommendations for obtaining a graphics driver for the desired system configuration.
When attempting to locate a driver through the AMD Graphics Drivers & Software Page, the following occurs:
- If using the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility, a message appears stating “We were unable to find your product or OS.”
- If using the manual Graphics Drivers & Software menu:
- The desired graphics card is not listed within the available selections or
- The desired graphics card is available, but the preferred operating system is not listed within the available selections
If unable to locate the desired graphics card or operating system through AMD’s graphics driver download / install utilities, a graphics driver may not be available through AMD. Graphics drivers for the following products may need to be obtained directly from the system or graphics card manufacturer:
- Mobile Graphics Products
- The notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of driver updates for mobile graphics products.
- Use the original installation CD provided with the notebook to reinstall the appropriate graphics drivers
- If looking to obtain updated drivers, check the notebook manufacturer’s website or contact them directly to determine if an updated driver is available.
- Refer to Article GPU-28041 for more information on mobility drivers and a list of notebook manufacturers.
- Graphics Product Installed in a MAC System Running MAC OS X
- MAC OS X provides the required drivers for a graphics card installed in a MAC system. Use the MAC OS X installation CD to reinstall the appropriate graphics drivers.
- If looking to obtain updated drivers, check the Apple website or contact them directly to determine if an updated driver is available.
- ATI TV Wonder Tuner Products Installed in a System Running Windows® 7
- Due to incompatibility between Windows 7 and several legacy ATI TV Tuner products, AMD does not provide and does not have plans to provide driver support for the following Products:
- ATI Theater 550 Pro chipsets and older
- ATI All-in-Wonder™ HD
- ATI TV Wonder 650 Combo USB
- ATI TV Wonder 600 USB