There are black borders around the Windows® desktop because the desktop doesn’t completely fill the entire screen area.
Use the Scaling option available within the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre to adjust the screen to fit the digital display
- Note! In order to use the scaling option within AMD Vision Engine Control Center, the following conditions must be met (otherwise the scaling option may be greyed out). Analogue connections such as VGA, S-Video or component do not support scaling adjustments within the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre-so, these will need to be adjusted on the monitor or screen controls.
- A digital connection is used:
- DVI (via DVI-to-HDMI™ adapter)
- A resolution and refresh rate supported by the digital display is used
- Please refer to the display's manual for a list of supported resolutions and refresh rates
- The latest AMD graphics driver is installed
Instructions on how to use the scaling option within AMD Vision Engine Control Centre :
- Use either method below to open the AMD Vision Engine Control Center -
a. Select Start | Programs | AMD Vision Engine Control Center or
b. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select AMD Vision Engine Control Center
- Expand the My Digital Flat Panel left hand side menu
- Select Scaling Options (Digital Flat Panel) as shown in the picture below
- Then move the Scaling Options slider side to side until the image fills the entire HDTV screen as seen in the picture below, then press the Apply button to keep the changes.