Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Highlights
- Oculus Rift™ SDK v1.3
- HTC Vive™
- AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive fails to stretch on non-native display aspect ratios. As part of the new Display Scaling per game feature, users can set "GPU Scaling" to "On" and "Scaling Mode" to "Full Panel" in the Display options tab in Radeon™ Settings as well as setting "Display Scaling" to "Full Panel" in their CSGO gaming profile under the "Gaming, Profile Options" tabs for this to take effect.
- AMD Radeon™ Fury Series may experience corruption on desktop when system is idle for an extended period of time.
- FFXIV can experience black screen or experience an application hang.
- XCOM2™ may experience minor stutter while the camera is panning around a scene.
- Radeon™ Settings check for software update may not display the latest available driver.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
- Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
- The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- DOTA2™ may experience game menu flickering when entering full screen mode with AMD Crossfire™ enabled.
- League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
- Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX™ 11 mode. As a work around users are recommended to either set the game to DirectX™ 12 mode in the games settings launcher or simply set “Shadow Resolution” to “Low” in the game settings.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver Version 16.15.2211
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|| |
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
The following "Carrizo" series products are not supported with the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 driver - FX-8800P, PRO A12-8800B, PRO A10-8700B, PRO A8-8600B, PRO A6-8500B, A10-8700P, A8-8600P and A6-8500P.
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.