Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Highlights
Updated or New Crossfire Profiles available for:
Need for Speed™
AMD Xconnect™ technology: This driver provides full support for Thunderbolt™ 3 eGFX enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 Fury, Nano or 300 Series GPUs. This driver also provides plug'n'play simplicity, plus an integrated management interface for such devices.(1)
- The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- DOTA2™ toggling between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen can sometimes cause flickering or corruption when in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Some DirectX® 9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode through Radeon Settings.
- GPU clocks on some products may remain in high states after recovering from an application crash.
- A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds.
- The check for software updates feature in Radeon Settings may not find the latest available update.
- Some games may fail to show up in Radeon Settings gaming tab.
- The Radeon Settings option may sometimes disappear as a shortcut from the right-click context menu on desktop after a software upgrade.
- Steam®VR Performance Test may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or corruption observed while playing Fallout 4™ on some graphics products in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Corruption in Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or freezing in some loading scenes while playing Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Negative scaling seen on Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- HDMI™ Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI™ Scaling options setting.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the Gaming, Global Options tab in Radeon Settings.
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo users may experience a system crash or hang after resuming from sleep or hibernate.
(1)Not all notebooks or 2-in-1s feature AMD XConnect™ technology, and not all electronic graphics (eGFX) enclosures are pre-configured with an AMD Radeon™ graphics card and/or feature user upgradability. Base system's software package and BIOS must be configured to support AMD XConnect™ technology. System must have Thunderbolt™ 3 connection. Check with your manufacturer for full specifications and capabilities and visit www.amd.com/xconnect for a list of compatible devices. GD-86
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver Version 16.15.2401
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|| |
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
The following "Carrizo" series products are not supported with the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 driver - FX-8800P, PRO A12-8800B, PRO A10-8700B, PRO A8-8600B, PRO A6-8500B, A10-8700P, A8-8600P and A6-8500P.
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.