Last Updated: December 12, 2017
Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 supports Microsoft Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update, including Mixed Reality functionality.
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 can be downloaded from the following links*:
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Highlights
- Additional Radeon™ Pro ReLive features such as borderless region captures, enabling separate microphone tracks and Chroma key for background transparency for camera recordings.
- New Radeon™ Pro Overlay for Radeon Pro ReLive controls and settings
- Connect tab in Radeon™ Pro Settings for viewing recently captured Radeon Pro ReLive videos and additional resources.
This driver contains the "Driver Options" (only available on Microsoft Windows® 10 using the supported products – Radeon™ Pro WX series and Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition). This feature is not available with multi-GPU configurations nor with Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris").
- Driver Options must be installed using the Custom Install option.
- It is advisable to always reboot the system after installing or switching to a new driver.
- Corruption may be observed when applying poly extrude face on selected plan for Maya® 2017.
- The uninstaller may not remove amdssg64.sys during uninstall on Radeon Pro SSG.
- Unexpected behavior with 6 4K display configuration while running 3DMark Fire Strike for "Vega"-based hardware.
- User may see Radeon branding when uninstalling the driver in Professional Mode, if a Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon Pro gaming driver is installed.
- User may see Radeon Pro Settings icon in taskbar to be red instead of blue.
- Radeon Pro Settings may become unresponsive when user clicks "Restore Factory Defaults".
- Viewport in Modo™ may hang when using lighting set to scene on normal map.
- Sun Temple application may crash when launched in Vulkan mode in Windows 7.
- Intermittently, only one display per GPU is selectable for setting Timing-Client.
- D2D applications may hang when switching to fullscreen using LiquidVR.
- Radeon™ Pro Overlay may not appear during clone mode with 2 displays.
- Unexpected behavior when resume from sleep on Radeon™ Pro SSG.
- Unexpected behavior in Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC 8K playback when resuming from sleep and hibernate on Radeon Pro SSG.
- The user may experience unexpected behavior creating 4x1 or 6x1 AMD Eyefinity display configurations with 5K displays for "Vega"-based hardware.
- Application profiles may not be automatically created for "Vega"-based hardware.
- Radeon™ Settings may crash when opening Global Settings using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon Pro 17.9.1 driver.
- ReLive™ Overlay may not appear using Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon Pro 17.9.1 driver.
ISV Certification Notes
- Due to Maya-MtoA software issue Trac #3142, some Viewport Draw modes for stand-ins draw an infinite line. Workaround is to toggle the Viewport Draw Mode of the stand-in in the Attribute Editor.
- Autodesk Maya 2017/2018 may show gray patch in playback in certain models due Maya issue Maya 41945. Workaround is to click on a different frame on timeline or to click on first frame.
NOTE: This driver is not intended for use on Radeon™ products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing this driver for the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1.
NOTE: Multi-GPU Single Large Surface on Microsoft Windows® 10 is not currently supported on any hardware for Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 driver.
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
|AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility|
Radeon™ Pro WX series
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
|Radeon™ Pro SSG|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo|
("Polaris" & "Fiji")
AMD FirePro™ W series
AMD FirePro™ W9100
AMD FirePro™ W9000
AMD FirePro™ W8100
AMD FirePro™ W8000
AMD FirePro™ W7100
AMD FirePro™ W7000
AMD FirePro™ W5100
AMD FirePro™ W5000
AMD FirePro™ W4300
AMD FirePro™ W4100
AMD FirePro™ W2100
AMD FirePro™ W600
AMD FirePro™ S series
AMD FirePro™ S7150x2
AMD FirePro™ S7150
AMD FirePro™ S7100X
AMD FirePro™ S7000
AMD FirePro™ S9000
AMD FirePro™ S9050
AMD FirePro™ S9100
AMD FirePro™ S9150
AMD FirePro™ S9170
AMD FirePro™ S9300x2
AMD FirePro™ S10000
Packaged Driver Version
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 with base driver version WHQL 17.50.02 for Microsoft Windows® 10 and Microsoft Windows® 7.
- Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 with base driver version WHQL 17.50.01.02 for Microsoft Windows® Server 2016.
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit version RS3)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 (64-bit version)
See below for details:
|Product and Operating System Compatibility|| |
| ||Windows 10||Windows 7||Windows Server|
|Radeon™ Pro WX series||☓||✓||☓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||☓||✓||☓||☓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||☓||✓||☓||✓||☓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||☓||✓||☓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
AMD FirePro™ S series
(excludes AMD FirePro™ S7100 series)
|AMD FirePro™ S7100 series||☓||✓||☓||✓||✓|
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD FirePro, Radeon Pro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.