Last Updated: May 9, 2018
This article provides information on the latest version of the Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux®.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux is designed to protect your graphics investment while reducing your risk. The Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition aims to maximize uptime and throughput with leading quality and performance, while minimizing security threats and simplifying implementation for your business.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux
can be downloaded from the following links*:
Installing Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux
For detailed instructions on how to install or uninstall Radeon™ Pro Software for Linux, please refer to the following KB article:
To use the Vulkan® driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK version 18.104.22.168 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2
- Provides support for Ubuntu® 16.04.4 and SLED/SLES 12 SP3.
- Enables Vulkan® 1.1 support - Closed and Open source driver conformant with the Vulkan® 1.1 specification.
- GPU hangs may occur after prolonged stressful testing.
- Application errors may occur while performing StoryboardGraphics on ANSYS® Workbench™ 18.1.
- Minor corruption may be seen in viewport when resizing in Autodesk® Mudbox™.
- Minor corruption may be seen in viewport upon mouse hovering in Dassault Systèmes® Abaqus™.
- Minor corruption may be seen while moving cursor over sample MSC SimXpert on RHEL 6.9 operating system.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
Product Family Compatibility|
Radeon™ Pro WX series|
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
Radeon™ Pro series||Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris" & "Fiji")|
AMD FirePro™ W series|
AMD FirePro™ W9100
AMD FirePro™ W9000
AMD FirePro™ W8100
AMD FirePro™ W8000
AMD FirePro™ W7100
AMD FirePro™ W7000
AMD FirePro™ W5100
AMD FirePro™ W5000
AMD FirePro™ W4300
AMD FirePro™ W4100
AMD FirePro™ W2100
AMD FirePro™ W600
AMD FirePro™ S series|
AMD FirePro™ S7150x2
AMD FirePro™ S7150
AMD FirePro™ S7100X
+ all other AMD FirePro™ S series products
Packaged Driver Version
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux installation package contains the following:
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver and AMDGPU All-Open (base driver 18.10)
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux is designed to support the following APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- OpenCL™ 1.2 (not supported for Radeon™ Pro WX 2100 and Radeon™ Pro WX 3100)
- Vulkan® 1.1
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux is designed to support the following Linux platforms:
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.4 (64-bit version)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.4 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu® 16.04.4 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP3 (64-bit version)
See below for details:
Desktop Workstation Graphics |
SLED/SLES 12 SP3|
Radeon™ Pro WX series||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓||✓||✓|
AMD FirePro™ W series||✓||✓||✓||✓|
AMD FirePro™ S series||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Note: Radeon™ Pro SSG is not supported with Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 for Linux. For Radeon™ Pro SSG support, please refer to the following table for download links and release notes.
Base Feature Support
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support.
- GPL compliant kernel module.
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color).
- AMD FreeSync™ support (Please refer to this
FAQ for more information).
- DirectGMA for OpenGL.
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems.
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon™ Pro, Radeon™ ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.