Last Updated: May 9, 2018
Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender 's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender plug-in for Autodesk® 3ds Max® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their models. With this tool, users can render and then perform a host of post image processes.
Note: If you updated to Microsoft Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update, verify that OpenCL™ support is enabled on your graphics card.
The latest Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.2 Highlights
- PBR and Uber shader get more intuitive subsurface scattering parameters, simply set a scattering color and length for how far internal reflection should go in a surface.
- Denoiser is added to the plug-in, in the render settings.
- Many new AOV's, useful for compositing or diagnostics are added to render passes.
- "Color Correction Node" gets new options for setting texture gamma. Set this to "sRGB" for color maps (such as PBR albedo textures). All other texture usually should stay as the default setting, "RAW". This will fix washed out looking color textures.
- Physically based lighting controls greatly improve lighting setups
- Additional area light shapes include: Rectangle, Disk, Cylinder, and Spheres.
- Light color can be set by temperature, color, texture, or all three.
- Intensity can be set additionally with physical units.
- General stability improvements.
- Ground rollout is removed from Settings panel.
- PBR and Uber shaders using the "metalness" parameter to set reflectivity now work correctly for dielectric (non-metal) materials.
- Emissive nodes work double sided.
- Various NVIDIA® OpenCL™ fixes.
- Render image convergence is much better with IBL Maps applied.
- Fixed error when rendering with a displacement and no UV map set on the surface.
- Shader caches were being compiled in some instances for each render.
- Material preview renders should no longer hang the UI.
- Fixed a crash with analytic sun/sky system.
- Instability when using NVIDIA® cards for GPU rendering in active shade rendering.
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.2 is compatible with the following applications:
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2016 SP3
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2017
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2018
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.2 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 8.1 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.2 is compatible with the following graphics products:
| ||Microsoft Windows 10 ||Microsoft Windows 8.1||Microsoft Windows 7|
|Radeon™ WX series||✓|| ||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓|| ||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓|| || |
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||✓|| ||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W Series||✓|| ||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ R9 series||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ RX series||✓||✓||✓|
|Non-AMD GPU||✓|| || |
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.