Last Updated: May 9, 2018
Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender 's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender plug-in for Autodesk® Maya® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their models. With this tool, users can render and then perform a host of post image processes.
The latest Radeon ProRender for Maya plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.3 Highlights
- Support for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3+ using Metal® 2. eGPU devices requires macOS® High Sierra 10.13.4.
- PBR Shader and Denoiser added in the render settings.
- An additional control for setting camera exposure to allow adding more motion blur is added.
- Texture gamma settings are now handled correctly.
- Physically based lighting controls greatly improve lighting setups.
- Additional area light shapes include: Rectangle, Disk, Cylinder, and Spheres.
- Light color can be set by temperature, color, texture, or all three.
- Intensity can be set additionally with physical units.
- Maya Remap HSV and Gamma Correct nodes are supported.
- More AOV's have been added for compositing.
- IBL works on all render layers, not just the master.
- Uber emissive weight works correctly.
- Various NVIDIA® OpenCL™ fixes.
- Render selected objects now works as expected.
- Camera Clipping planes now work correctly.
- IBL Maps were previously mirrored.
- Better behavior when exiting Maya while a render or IPR session is running.
- Displacements have a minimum value of -1.
- IES file was disappearing when editing light intensity.
- Fixed crash with IPR and editing displacement UVs.
- Render image convergence is much better with IBL Maps applied.
- Intel® integrated graphics are disabled on macOS, however CPU mode is available.
- Large (16K) HDR textures for IBL lights may cause crashes.
ISV Certification Notes
- Due to Maya-MtoA software issue Trac #3142, some Viewport Draw modes for stand-ins draw an infinite line. Workaround is to toggle the Viewport Draw Mode of the stand-in in the Attribute Editor.
- Autodesk® Maya® 2017/2018 may show gray patch in playback in certain models due Maya issue Maya 41945. Workaround is to click on a different frame on timeline or to click on first frame.
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.3 is compatible with the following applications:
- Autodesk® Maya® 2016 SP2
- Autodesk® Maya® 2016.5
- Autodesk® Maya® 2017
- Autodesk® Maya® 2018
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.3 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
- MacOS® High Sierra 10.13.3+
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.3 is compatible with the following graphics products:
| ||Microsoft Windows 10 ||Microsoft Windows 7 |
|Radeon™ WX series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓|| |
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W Series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ R9 series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ RX series||✓||✓|
|Non-AMD GPU||✓|| |
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and Maya are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
macOS and Metal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.