Be first. Be the Pioneer
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition is purpose-built to empower a new generation of pioneering creative professionals. By harnessing the power of "Vega" GPU architecture along with Radeon™ Pro Software, developers can be pioneers in game development, designers can be pioneers in visualization using Radeon™ ProRender, and artists can be pioneers in VR content creation.
Be the Pioneer in Game Development
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card is designed to simplify and accelerate game creation by providing a single GPU that is optimized for every stage of this workflow, from asset production, to playtesting, to performance optimization.
Be the Pioneer in Visualization
Radeon™ ProRender is AMD's powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Plug-ins and add-ins are freely available for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, Blender™, and SOLIDWORKS®.
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides the necessary compute performance required to maximize Radeon™ ProRender's rendering capabilities, including rendering in near real-time to see changes as they are made, and allows creative professionals to produces rapid, accurate, and scalable rendering results from previz to final.
Be the Pioneer in Virtual Reality
Professional workflows are being revolutionized by advanced technologies such as real-time game engines and VR, boosting creativity, enhancing collaboration, and accelerating creative decisions. In addition, a new breed of in-VR content creation tools is making 3D content creation more accessible, simplifying the creation of the next-generation of immersive content.
The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition provides an ideal VR experience, with its performance being able to optimize the benefits provided by Unreal Engine's VR-optimized Forward Renderer, the integration of AMD LiquidVR™ technology, and support for Oculus' Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) and SteamVR's Asynchronous Reprojection technologies.
- Resolved compatibility with Maxon Cinema 4D R19 Beta
- Resolved intermittent system instability when rendering using Blender
- Flickering may occur when enabling or disabling VSync with Unigine Heaven
- When resuming from S3, ReLive users may experience unexpected recording behavior
- Unexpected behavior has been observed when using Eyefinity with 4 or more displays
- Visual corruption may be observed with Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
- During prolonged FurMark stress runs, system may exhibit instability
- May hang while launching Counter-Strike Go (CS GO)
- Unexpected behavior may occur when rendering using Radeon ProRender in Maya 2017
- When using CrossFire, the user may experience difficulties enabling and disabling ECC
- System can exhibit unexpected behavior when enabling CrossFire from secondary GPU
- Flickering line corruption has intermittently been observed in 3D applications using CrossFire with Eyefinity
- The user may experience unexpected behavior creating 4x1 or 6x1 Eyefinity display configurations with 5K displays
- Unity Engine games may stall on exit or first launch with SteamVR
- When running Far Cry Primal for prolonged periods of time, Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) has been observed to occur
- Unexpected behavior has been observed with complex Blender scenes such as system hanging
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.8.2 Beta installation package contains the following:
- Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.8.2 Beta with base driver version 17.30.1051 Beta
Radeon Pro Software 17.8.2 Beta for Vega Frontier Edition is compatible with the following graphics products:
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Drivers for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation.
Radeon Software drivers require Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software 17.8 Beta for Vega Frontier Edition driver is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms.
- Windows® 10 (64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (64-bit version with SP1 or higher)