Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Highlights
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- Intermittent mouse cursor corruption may be experienced on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Flickering display may be experienced on portrait Eyefinity display configurations when launching or exiting DirectX®12 applications.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash when Multi-GPU is enabled in DirectX®12.
- Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
- Intermittent crash may be experienced in Mozilla Firefox while doing video playback on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes experience an "application has stopped" error after modifying game profiles on Windows 10 Anniversary Addition.
- A small amount of corruption may be experienced in the lower right hand corner of the display on some Radeon HD 7000 series products when playing Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided.
- Small amounts of stutter may be experienced when playing or watching cinematic videos in Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided when using AMD CrossFire mode and DirectX®11.
- HDMI® Audio may be lost after resuming from standby on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
- Flickering may be experienced in Rocket League on Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products when running in AMD CrossFire mode.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application "Raptr" has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive may experience intermittent stutter on Radeon R9 380 Series graphics products in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience an application crash when changing the resolution from in-game menus when running DirectX®12. Users can restart the game to complete the resolution change.
- OpenCL™ version information may display incorrectly or may display random characters in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon RX 460 may fail to resume from sleep mode and require a system restart when connected through AMD XConnect™ Technology.
- While using or having Radeon WattMan open in Radeon Settings while in AMD CrossFire mode, the secondary/slave GPU clocks will increase to their highest state.
- Overwatch™ may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Paragon may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.
- Dreadnought™ may experience minor flickering in game menus or gameplay while using AMD FreeSync technology.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Driver Version 16.40.2311
Installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note that AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, and Radeon™ RX 400 Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit.
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
AMD’s 7th Generation APU products Radeon™ Graphics are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.