Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Highlights
- AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install during installation on some system configurations.
- Battlefield™1 may experience flashing or corruption when running in Multi GPU with Radeon RX 400 series.
- Instant Replay fails to enable itself after it has been turned off due to content protection.
- Radeon Settings may not load on system boot for some system configurations.
- Fixed some errors in translations for Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
- Audio recorded by Radeon ReLive may sometimes exhibit slow motion when played back.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
- Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
- In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit the low power state when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Radeon ReLive may sometimes not be able to take screenshots of secondary displays.
- Chromium may fail to utilize hybrid decode for VP9 content.
- DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
- Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends™ in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen.
- Long ping times may be experienced with some WiFi adapters.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
- AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
- Titanfall™2 may experience black square corruption in game menus or during game play on some Graphics Core Next products.
- FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- Radeon Settings may not show display details for connected displays in AMD X-Connect technology mode.
- Mouse cursor corruption may be intermittently experienced on Radeon RX 480.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Battlefield™1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
- Radeon ReLive recordings may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
- Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
- Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
- Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
- Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.
The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Driver Version 16.50.2011
The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
Installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note that AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, and Radeon™ RX 400 Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition on Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit.
Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
AMD’s 7th Generation APU products Radeon™ Graphics are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.