Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 Highlights
New Features and Improvements
- Radeon Additional Settings has been retired and its previously supported controls for Switchable Graphics, Color Depth and Pixel Format have all been moved into Radeon Settings.
- Now supports bitrates up to 100Mbps for recording or capturing.
- Added new controls for camera transparency.
- Optimized memory usage for lower overhead while recording or capturing.
- Added new notifications for Instant Replay Saving, Recording Timers in Overlay Toolbar and Network Connectivity Issues when streaming.
- Enhanced Audio Controls: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition now has support for customizable microphone volume controls, audio boost for captured replays and push to talk (mouse + keyboard) support for microphone.
- Now supports DirectX®12 and Vulkan™. For more details on new and supported games visit
- Now supports Multi-GPU.
- Now supports Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- Now supports Radeon XConnect™ Technology system configurations.
Per-Display Color Controls(4)
- Per-Display Color Controls are now available in the display tab of Radeon Settings allowing users to configure Brightness, Hue, Contrast and Saturation.
- Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 features optimizations for improved gaming responsiveness in DirectX®9 and select DirectX®11 gaming titles.
- Now supports memory underclocking.
- Now supports power state controls.
Frame Rate Target Control(7)
- Now supports DirectX®12 and Multi-GPU.
- Shader Cache is now supported for select DirectX®9 titles
Radeon Software Vanguard Beta Program
- The Radeon Software Vanguard Beta Tester program aims at opening a channel for selected participants to work directly with AMD, giving a voice and platform to share their passion for Radeon Software. For more information about Radeon Software Vanguard visit
Radeon.com Feedback and Feature Voting
- Radeon Software feedback and feature voting has been updated. Visit
www.radeon.com/feedback to provide Radeon Software feedback and vote on future Radeon Software features.
- Mass Effect™: Andromeda may experience incorrect colors when using an HDR display and a secondary SDR display connected in extended mode.
- Fan speeds when using Radeon WattMan may remain elevated and not drop back to idle states after 3D workloads.
- Some video playback applications may experience stutter in fullscreen with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
- Radeon WattMan fan settings may reset to defaults on Radeon Software upgrade to 17.7.2.
- Tekken™ 7 may experience a crash (Chapter 13) on some Radeon RX 380 Series graphics products.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- 4x Multi-GPU system configurations may fail to enable AMD CrossFire technology mode due to a missing toggle in Radeon Settings.
- Some protected content applications may experience an HDCP error code while playing BluRay content. A workaround is to unplug and re-plug the connected display or turn the display off and then back on.
Radeon ReLive updates are compatible with: AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next-based Products. Supports: Windows® 7/10.
Radeon Chill updates are compatible with Radeon™ consumer graphics products in supported DirectX®9, DirectX®11, DirectX®12 and Vulkan games for Windows®7/10. For more details and a whitelist of supported games, see
http://www.radeon.com/chill GD-121. Dual graphics configurations not supported.
Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ RX 400 & 500 series GPUs. Supports: DirextX® 9, 11, 12 & Windows® 7/10.
Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ GCN products. Supports: Windows® 7/10.
Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ GCN products in DirectX®9 and select DirectX®11 games for Windows® 7/10.
Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106. Memory underclocking is compatible with: AMD Radeon™ RX 500 Series. Supports: Windows® 7/10. Power State Controls are Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ RX 400 & 500 series GPUs. Supports: Windows® 7/10. See disclaimer section for more information on overclocking and overclocking warnings.
Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ GCN Products. Supports: Windows® 7/10
Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ GCN products in supported DirectX®9 and DirectX®11 games for Windows® 7/10
The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 Driver Version 17.30.1041 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.662.4)
The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA"). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note: AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, Radeon™ RX 400 Series and AMD Radeon™ RX 500 Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition on Windows 7/10 64-bit.
Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics|| AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|| AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit).
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
OVERCLOCKING WARNING: AMD processors are intended to be operated only within their associated specifications and factory settings. Operating your AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings, including but not limited to the conducting of overclocking (including use of this overclocking software, even if such software has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or otherwise affiliated in any way with AMD), may damage your processor and/or lead to other problems, including but not limited to, damage to your system components (including your motherboard and components thereon (e.g. memory)), system instabilities (e.g. data loss and corrupted images), reduction in system performance, shortened processor, system component and/or system life and in extreme cases, total system failure. AMD does not provide support or service for issues or damages related to use of an AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings. You may also not receive support or service from your board or system manufacturer. Please make sure you have saved all important data before using this overclocking software. DAMAGES CAUSED BY USE OF YOUR AMD PROCESSOR OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL AMD SPECIFICATIONS OR OUTSIDE OF FACTORY SETTINGS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY AND MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR BOARD OR SYSTEM MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY.
The software that has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or an entity otherwise affiliated with AMD may disable or alter: (1) software including features and functions in the operating system, drivers and applications, and other system settings; and (2) system services. WHEN THE SOFTEWARE IS USED TO DISABLE OR ALTER THESE ITEMS IN WHOLE OR PART, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE (A) INCREASED RISKS THAT CERTAIN SECURITY FUNCTIONS DO NOT FUNCTION THEREBY EXPOSING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM TO POTENTIAL SECURITY THREATS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARM FROM VIRUSES, WORMS AND OTHER HARMFUL SOFTWARE; (B) PERFORMANCE AND INTEROPERABILITY ISSUES THAT MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE STABILITY OF YOUR COMPUTING SYSTEM; AND (C) OTHER EXPERIENCES RESULTING IN ADVERSE EFFECTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO DATA CORRUPTION OR LOSS.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD Freesync and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Windows and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
Other names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.