Release Date: March 7th, 2018
This knowledge base article provides information on this version of the Radeon™ Software for Linux® driver.
Radeon™ Software for Linux® Driver 17.50 Highlights
- Enables Vulkan® 1.1 support
- Closed source driver conformant with the Vulkan® 1.1 Specification
- Open source driver is based on the Vulkan® 1.1 Specification and will be submitted to the Khronos Conformance Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.
- Delivers amdgpu-pro and amdgpu-all-open stacks using the same packaging infrastructure
- Large Page Support is enabled by default
- Corruption is observed while resizing terminal window in Ubuntu 16.04.3 – this is a kernel issue and is expected to be fixed with Ubuntu 16.04.4
- Fatal Error occurred while performing Workbench StoryboardGraphics on Ansys 18.1
- AMDGPU All-Open and AMDGPU-Pro Driver
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
The Radeon™ Software for Linux® Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan® drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing the Radeon™ Software for Linux® Driver
For detailed instructions on how to install or uninstall the Radeon™ Software for Linux® Driver, please refer to the following KB article:
To use the Vulkan® driver in this stack, Vulkan® SDK version 188.8.131.52 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
AMD Radeon™ Product Compatibility
The Radeon™ Software for Linux® Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Product Family Compatibility |
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics ||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series |
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||AMD FirePro™ W9100|
|Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580 Series Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W8100|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W7100|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD FirePro™ W5100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4300|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W2100|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350||AMD FirePro™ W600|
|AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600||AMD FirePro™ S-Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 340|||
Compatible Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.4 (64-bit version)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.4 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- OpenCL™ 1.2
- Vulkan® 1.1
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- FreeSync support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
© 2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES, WITH RESPECT TO THE OPERATION OR USE OF AMD HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR OTHER PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN. NO LICENSE, INCLUDING IMPLIED OR ARISING BY ESTOPPEL, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD FirePro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan® and the Vulkan® logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL™ and the OpenCL™ logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.